Friday, July 24, 2015

back into the city

So this week I took a trip back into the city to see my cousin during my couple of days off. I left work Wednesday morning and quickly jumped on the bus to it. The bus in the morning is far more comfortable to take then the bus in the evening cause instead of taking 2 hours and half it takes about an hour "maybe a bit over" if you catch the express.

I am very prone to motion sickness so the shorter the time the better. I made plans to come back home yesterday but we sorted things out here and I managed to stay an extra night. I showed my cousin the films "The house of 1000 corpses, and the Devils Rejects". He enjoyed em and I even managed to show him five nights at Freddies which while I am not much of a fan of the series it still holds something interesting in terms of horror and jump scares.

We meet up at about 430pm.. I from the moment I arrived spent a better part of my time walking the city. I hit up both midtown comic shops, Toys R us, and even found a nice bar that had a good bbq sammich! Yesterday my cousin and I waited till about 1130 a.m. to head out and pick up his mother from the airport. From that point we ate some Mexican Food and pretty much just came back here to spend time together.

We drank some wine Wednesday night which was fun enough. Had some deep conversations and are now also making plans to spend a week off probably just to have the week off to joke around and do what we do. Today I will be returning home with my mother who is supposed to be coming this morning to drop off my grandmother here.

The plan is to catch either the 3 pm express back home or one sooner... My mother tends to not like spending to much in the city.. Either way it will be a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment